I think I may have knitting related repetitive strain injury.
No, I’m not joking – this hurts. 🙁
All of a sudden, my wrist and elbow hurt, my fingers are getting pains and going “pins and needlesy” and I’m getting odd pains in my thumb and fingers. All on my right side.
I think I may have got over enthusiastic with the glade edging – it’s on smaller needles than I’m used to. It’s going to take me longer to finish than I hoped 😥 I’ve been spending a lot of time on my PC too – I need to look at my desk setup.
It would be stupid to ignore it so here’s my my treatment plan…
- Stop actual knitting for several days 😯 Spend Time making curtains, tidying and cataloguing stash, sewing up, researching patterns etc (anything not holding the needles)….maybe even housework!
- Take glucosamine and cod liver oil every day
- Limit time on PC (no 4 hours at a time surfing knitting forums and blogs)
- Choose another project on different needles so I can change over to vary my grip.i already use bamboo – maybe circs??
- Buy a new chair for my computer (the one I have has arms – I hate arms cos I can’t get close enough to the desk)
- Get rid of the hard plastic wrist support on my keyboard tray and replace with a squidy one.
- Buy a wrist support and wear when knitting ( a crepe bandage definitely helped)
- Go to the gym and get everything loosened up again (I’ve been bad and lazy 😳 )
Any other ideas out there???