I’m guessing some of you have been awaiting progress on the Flower Blanket??
Shall I taunt you??
I’m not that cruel 😀
You know I said I’d do this on the train? Somehow I’ve found another project to do on the train so this has been my evening project instead – the plain and stripy squares will accompany me to work though at some point. The other project is a gift so I can’t blog it just yet!
Ready for some pictures?
The plain squares are surprisingly easy to screw up! They are a kind of moss stitch with knit rows on the alternate rows. Very easy to get muddled and have to undo the whole damned thing…then start again and loose your place…and have to do it a third time! 🙁
I have persevered and resisted the temptation to just do moss stitch and I’m please with the results…
Now the ones you’ve been waiting for – The Flowers!
Firstly – what was I thinking doing this much intarsia?? I don’t like intarsia that much! But…but…they are so pretty!
I have 6 different flower to do, these are the first 3. Doing them is an exercise in patience and I have already wholeheartedly embraced Swiss embroidery rather than trying to intarsia those edging stitches. I have around 7 bobbins clatteing away when I’m doing them (Ben particularly enjoys this 😉 )
The good thing is that the overall flower is identical so I’m starting to get the hang of where to join in my new yarns. Incidentally, the silver yarn is Rowan’s new “Shimmer”.
The I noticed some errors on the way I had laid out the previous design for the blanket so I’ve had a lot of reshuffling of the squares – I’m up to Version 3.0 of my design (version control on my designs is another overflow from my work in the computer industry – I must be such a nerd!)
Here’s the latest and probably final attempt and an amended key to go with it.
I’m now off to sew some of these babies into a strip and clatter some more bobbins at Ben