14 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Stitched Together
    Stitched Together May 14, 2013 at 11:09 am |

It is gorgeous! You are right about it going perfectly with that coat. I’d not seen that pattern before, I may have to give that one a go myself!

2. Zoe W.
    Zoe W. May 14, 2013 at 1:19 pm |

This is stunning. And what a beautiful colour! I know what you mean about Loop though. Temptation everywhere in that emporium of woolly delights.

3. Tricia Fojut
    Tricia Fojut May 14, 2013 at 3:26 pm |

Love it. Am going to have to source this pattern and have a go myself. Much prettier than a simple scarf..

4. josiekittenjosiekitten
    josiekittenjosiekitten May 14, 2013 at 4:13 pm |

Gorgeous! I’m off to add the pattern to my favourites. Oh my goodness, I would have been panicking with that stitch to repair!!

5. Lynne
    Lynne May 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm |

Gosh Susan, you certainly keep yourself occupied with all your different knitting projects. How many things do you knit in a year? I love the shawl.

6. itwasjudith
    itwasjudith May 14, 2013 at 5:54 pm |

very nice! lol, i know exactly what you mean with the ‘asking your other half’, the story you tell at the beginning sounds sooooo familiar 🙂

7. Anne
    Anne May 15, 2013 at 9:41 am |

As I seem to have developed a small obsession with knitting shawls I would like to pass on a bit of advice on blocking – no expert here. I have learned it is advisable to soak for at least an hour, this allows all the fibres to beome totally saturated, allowing you to stretttch the stitches without breaking the yarn. I use SOAK for soaking but there are others such as Euclan… Then i squeeze gently and towel roll to remove as much moisture as possible, the fibres however are still wet.

Your shawl is beautiful and I encourage you to knit more and try lots of different shapes and designs.

8. Julesm
    Julesm May 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm |

Love that! It goes perfectly with your coat. I’m also really liking your green conservatory!

9. felice
    felice May 15, 2013 at 5:31 pm |

next time you have a knitting adventure in london visit “nest” in crouch end…my favourite shop! friendly, knowledgable staff, wonderful mother-daughter team whose passion for knopitting is obvious, delectable yarns, fabulous gifts…I could go on and on!

great shawl in one of my favourite colours.

10. sclubbethan
    sclubbethan May 16, 2013 at 5:06 pm |

Love it. Shawl is stunning. Have started knitting a lace scarf for my mum but that has gone on the back burner as will probably end up as a Christmas present.

11. And Now With Added Beads June 2, 2013 at 6:04 pm |
  12. Pip
    Pip June 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm |

It’s absolutely beautiful! Perfect with your coat as well 🙂

13. 7th Blogiversary January 12, 2014 at 1:03 pm |
  14. Beth
    Beth January 15, 2015 at 1:12 pm |

Besides being addict to knitting and hand dyeing yarn, I’m also a shawl pattern hunter. Beautiful pattern!