Today is this blog’s 4th blogiversary!
When I do an annual review of my knitting and blogging achievements, I’m astonished that I’ve kept it up this long. It would never have kept going if you lovely readers hadn’t kept on commenting and encouraging me – Thank you! 😀
I looked back to see what I had written for 2009’s annual review as a starting point …errrmmm…I didn’t do one! (More excuses reasons coming up) Well, I had just moved house and was in the middle of having all my windows replaced – so I’ll briefly cover 2009 here too.
Just in case you’re desparate to see what I did in 2007 and 2008, click the links below:-
Not many pictures but I’ve added links to all the projects I’m going to mentioned here in case you want to have a look-see 😉
I was curious to see if I was posting less and less??
2007 – 87 Blog Posts
2008 – 69 Blog Posts
2009 – 35 Blog Posts
2010 – 36 Blog Posts!! 🙂 I beat last year! That’s an average of 3 posts a month – frankly, better than I suspected.
And I have a good reason for the dramatic reduction since 2007 as I returned to full time work mid 2008 – It’s shocking but true – work has impacted my knitting time 🙁
But what about last year – 2010??
2010 did seem to be my year of hats and small items (and a huge blanket!)
In 2010 I made…
- 6 hats – 3 for my sister, 1 beret for me, one for Ben and one for Yaquaholic
- 1 iPhone cosy
- a baby’s matinee coat– my first baby garment
- A huge intarsia purple flower blanket
- a cushion for the conservatory
- a fairisle teacosy – including steeks 😯
- a miniature Lopi jumper
- 3 jumpers for me – the lovely Halcyon, warm Catrin and the horrible, horrible disaster in Big Wool
and I blogged 2 pre-blog projects…
Oh dear – that’s only 14 projects in a year – I’m slipping 🙁
But to put that into context – I had just moved house and had also managed to create a fabulous Knitroom, refit and tile a utility room, had new windows fitted, refurbish the conservatory and build a mancave for Ben! (Oh yes, and we got engaged!!)
- 2 cushions – designed and knit the ribbon twist cushion cover and a Carol cushion for my sister
- a Sackboy toy or Ben
- 2 pairs of socks while commuting – boring and happy!
- a hat for Ben which he promptly lost – grrr
- a Starbucks bear
- a knitted wire bracelet
- 4 tops for me – Cheer in green, KSH Lacy top, red Katia and lovely golden Iris
AndI blogged 4 pre-blog projects…
Only 13 projects in 2009 🙁
Other achievements in 2009 were to eventually get to move house, unpack, catch my breath and insulate the loft!!
Thug and Mewsley are still helping with the knitting but not as vigorously – their age (19 years old in April) means they are slowing down a little.
I thought you might be missing them and they did forbid me from embarrassing them (silly cats shouldn’t have mentioned it!) and showing you their “New Year’s bath” shots – poor little Soggie-Moggies!